Wednesday, March 05, 2008

JAM Ministries 2008 Princess Conference. June 13-14 (Fri/Sat) at the Radisson Hotel in Fort Worth, Texas. Our keynote speaker will be Eryka Ponce (Former Miss Lubbock) from Lubbock, Texas. She is an national speaker who has ministered to women and young girls alike in various forums. She also hosts her Annual Womens/Girls Conference through her ministry--"Her Legacy." We are honored to have her with us. Registration will be $25 per girl (deadline May 26) On site will be $30. Radisson Hotel rooms are $99 (deadline May 13) please book asap.
One of our session speakers will be Carolyn Mohair, a middle-school At-Risk Counselor from Denton, TX. She is a phenomenal speaker and minister who I know will leave the girls motivated and inspired to reach for more. One of our own, Melissa Lopez, is also a session speaker in a combined session entitled "Church Girls Gone Wild." She has a creative way of presenting an insightful word to the girls and I know they will be happy to see her again. As I was asking God for direction for this year's Princess Conference I felt a burden for our young girls in this area. I can't tell you how many girls have emailed me, contacted me through myspace, or called in order to tell me that they lost their virginity. Not just any girl--church girls. I see girls in our school system everyday fall prey to their male peer's image of what a girl should be "flirtatious, naive, gullible, unwise and uneducated." I had a girl tell me sometime back in one of our Girl's Clubs that it was a turn-off to guys if the girl was always seen as the "bright" one in class. They want the guy so they play the role. About 80% of the girls I deal with right now in the school system come from broken homes, have been abused in some way, and have emotionally and mentally given up on life and on themselves. That is when God took me to Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh in blood . . . but against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." I feel it is time that our girls realize that they must FIGHT for a closer walk with Christ, their purity, their dreams, their goals, their calling, their family, and their future! The enemy knows that if he can toy with their mind he can control them and allow guilt, shame, disappointment, and lust to control their future like a puppet. I pray that this year, God will deliver our girls from all these issue and let them know that God has called them Princesses.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home